REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2017
TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Ability to teach History essential
Main Pay Scale, up to £36,906
We are a very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed secondary school with a strong community ethos, enjoying examination results significantly above national averages.
We are looking to appoint a subject teacher for RE with History
As an outstanding classroom practitioner and educated to Degree level you will have:
- A relevant Degree and Teaching Qualification
- Extensive knowledge of Catholic Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Human Rights and Social Justice, Philosophy and A level Ethics
- Experience in developing schemes of work and knowledge of marking criteria for KS4 and KS5 2016 AQA specification for RE
- Experience planning and delivering resources based on The Way, The Truth and The Life series at KS3
- Ability to apply historical knowledge to foundations of world faiths
- Experience in facilitating revision and intervention sessions for KS4 students
- Ability to create, adapt and deliver engaging lessons for core sixth form RE
- Experience delivering the 2016 History AQA specification which requires knowledge of the Cold War and the Russian Revolution
- Experience teaching History at KS3 level where knowledge of the Tudors, Stuarts, French Revolution and Britain’s Industrial Revolution is required
- Experience as a 6th Form tutor
- Experience of liaison with external agencies, eg. CAFOD, to support the development of extra-curricular activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident use of ICT systems such as SIMS, Classcharts and Show my Homework
For further details please see the Job Description and Person Specification on the school website. Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. To apply please visit the vacancies page on our website www.finchleycatholic.org.uk Applications should be returned to the Headteacher, Julie Durham, by email to email@example.com.The closing date is Friday 26th May 2017.
Finchley Catholic High School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.