For all online activity we follow our acceptable use policy (available below)
This policy aims to:
- Set guidelines and rules on the use of Office365 for Education, as our distance learning platform and the associated resources to support remote learning
- Establish clear expectations for the way all members of the school community engage with each other online
- Support the school’s policy on data protection, online safety and safeguarding
- Prevent disruption to the school through the misuse, or attempted misuse, of ICT systems
- Support the school in teaching pupils safe and effective Internet and ICT use
Breaches of this policy may be dealt with under our standard Behaviour Policy.
For distance learning lessons:
- You must be punctual to ‘lessons’ and ensure you arrive on time
- You should ensure that your microphone is muted, unless otherwise requested by your teacher or meeting host
- You should ensure your camera is turned off, unless otherwise requested by your teacher or meeting host.
- You must ensure you are in suitable learning environment at home
- You must ensure your dress attire is appropriate for learning, if in doubt wear school uniform
- You must use the ‘raise your hand’ feature to gain attention
- You must have learning resources available (paper, pen, exercise book etc)
- You must ensure you use the ‘chat’ function appropriately, ensuring all comments are focussed on your learning
- All sessions are recorded – should you contribute, both your audio and video will be captured
- At the start of the session you will enter the class lobby.
- Some students may be unable to attend all live lessons – this will be understood and agreed between home and school. If this is the case, you must ensure you catch up and watch the recording of the lesson when convenient.