REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
36 hours a week, five days a week, term-time plus one week
Salary Point 20: £29,502
Our school is very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed and enjoys consistently outstanding examination results. Finchley Catholic is a very rewarding place to work with a supportive collegiate atmosphere.
The Governors of Finchley Catholic High School wish to appoint a full-time Chaplain who will work with students, staff, parents, Governors and local clergy to promote and maintain the Catholic ethos and Spiritual values of our School. We are looking for an inspirational individual who will make a significant contribution to the faith journey of our School Community.
Finchley Catholic High School strives to provide an outstanding education for all of our young people within a caring Catholic Community where all are known and loved for who they are and supported to be the best possible versions of themselves. The actual new njc salary is £29,502 Scale Point 20.
We are looking for:
- A practising Catholic who is committed to walking alongside young people as they undertake their faith journey
- To lead, with the Headteacher and Head of RE, the spiritual and prayer life of the school as a Catholic community
- To re-enforce the teaching and vision of the Catholic Church
- To develop, encourage and strengthen the faith of all members of the community
- To set an example of committed Christian living in word and deed
- To direct a team of people who can share in these responsibilities
- To co-ordinate all aspects of the School’s commitment to its Catholic ethos
We can offer you:
- A friendly, vibrant and caring school where staff are really valued
- A strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- Easy transport access with a staff car park, and a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube
- A staff welfare programme FCHS is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website (below) and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at firstname.lastname@example.org