REQUIRED TO START ASAP
36 hours a week, five days a week, term-time plus one week
Salary Point 20-24 (£24,934- £26,699 actual)
Our school is very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed and enjoys consistently outstanding examination results. Finchley Catholic is a very rewarding place to work with a supportive collegiate atmosphere.
We are looking for a Chef Manager with a 'can-do' attitude who has a passion for food and service quality. The main purpose of this role is to supervise the team, as well as assisting in cooking and serving high quality freshly cooked meals. You will have specific responsibility for certain aspects of the business.
The ideal candidate will:
- Need to manage and work well as part of the team
- Be friendly and have a positive 'Can-do' attitude
- Have a passion for food and quality service
- Drive standards with a hands-on approach
- Be self-motivated and able to work in a busy environment
- Be computer literate
- Have a good command of the English Language
- Be flexible, adapting easily to changing priorities
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills; which are essential as you will be dealing with staff, students, parents, and suppliers
We can offer you:
- An outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in managing and developing the school catering facility
- A friendly, vibrant and caring school where staff are really valued
- A strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- Easy transport access with a staff car park, and a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube
- A staff welfare programme
FCHS is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website (below) and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is noon on Friday 15th July 2022 and interviews will take place during the following week, although we reserve the right to interview suitably qualified and talented candidates in advance of the closing date.
Applications from non-Catholics who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic school are warmly invited