We are looking for a teacher who is able to motivate and enthuse young people, raising their expectations and accelerating their progress. The successful candidate will join a collegiate department which has consistently achieved good results over the years, through a high level of commitment to ensuring that our students achieve the very best. The successful candidate will lead on the teaching of Food Technology in KS3 and KS4 and BTEC Hospitality at KS5. They will encourage pupils to express themselves in the kitchen whilst building their awareness of a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- The ability to teach across all key stages
- A commitment to high quality teaching and learning, including the use of new technologies
- A desire to lead in the process of curriculum development within the department
- A commitment to the popular extra-curricular dimension of the department
- A commitment to the development of the whole person
- A desire to develop their leadership and management skills within the department and beyond
We will offer
- An outstanding opportunity to be part of a committed Design and Technology Department
- A friendly, vibrant and caring school where courses within this department are popular
- A strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- An enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
- Career development opportunities
An application form for this post can be downloaded below and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, via at email@example.com The closing date is noon on Monday 9th August. Interviews will be held as applications are received. We reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified candidate before the closing date.