We are looking for a librarian with learning mentor responsibilities who is able to motivate and enthuse young people, raising their expectations and accelerating their progress. The role is 36 hours per week, term-time plus one week.
The successful candidate will oversee the school library and play a significant role in supporting our students. Key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Use the Library management software to manage, acquire, organise and issue books and resources to support students of all ages and abilities
- Maintain and promote a vibrant attractive learning environment that lends itself to the enjoyment of reading, learning and study
- Support the accelerated reader programme and the literacy programme working closely with the Literacy coordinator to inspire students to develop their literacy and independent learning study skills
- Provide opportunities and activities which encourage reading for pleasure, including extra-curricular opportunities and activities such as introducing new authors; World Book day and shadowing the Carnegie awards.
- Liaise with colleagues from all subject areas to provide resources to support curriculum development
- Play an active part in organising and promoting writing competitions
- Develop and undertake a range of activities celebrating key literary events
- Provide in-class support as well as mentoring on a 1:2:1 basis
- Support students with homework club
We can offer you:
- An outstanding opportunity to be part of the English Department
- A friendly, vibrant and caring school
- A strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- An enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded below and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, via at email@example.com The closing date is noon on Monday 28th June. Interviews will be held as applications are received. We reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified candidate before the closing date.
Applications from non-Catholic teachers who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic
school are warmly invited.