REQUIRED SEPTEMBER 2022
2.5 days a week
MPS / UPS
Our school is very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed, has a strong community ethos and enjoys examination results which are well above national averages. We are looking for an inspirational music teacher to motivate and enthuse all students in Performing Arts. Our Music Department currently offers KS3, KS4 and KS5 Music. We have a class set of keyboards, two fully equipped rock band studios, a class set of acoustic guitars, a class set of Mac computers with midi keyboards, a class set of drums and a new Yamaha U1 Piano. We currently run a wide range of extra-curricular activities, including a growing orchestra. The Performing Arts Department run a range of performance evenings throughout the year including small recitals, Christmas Carols, Fetes, Concerts and Musicals. Liturgical music is also a growing part of our regular year level worship at assemblies and Mass.
- An enthusiastic and passionate teacher of Music
- A teacher committed to high quality planning and creative teaching and learning
- A teacher who understands the importance of ongoing assessments and feedback to facilitate continuous progress
- A teacher who is willing to run an extra-curricular activity
- A teacher with good keyboard skills
- Liturgical music experience would be an advantage, as would experience in music technology and composition
- An outstanding opportunity to be part of a thriving Performing Arts Department
- A friendly, vibrant, orderly and caring school
- A school where Performing Arts is fully supported
- A team made up of hard working, committed and talented colleagues
- A strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive programme
- A school of opportunity where staff are supported and developed
- A school with outstanding parental support
FCHS is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website (below) and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at email@example.com. at your earliest opportunity.
We reserve the right to interview suitably qualified and talented candidates on a first come basis, as candidates may be invited for interview as they apply.
Applications from non-Catholics who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic school are warmly invited