TEACHER OF RE
Maternity Cover (1 Year)
REQUIRED OCTOBER 2022
Our school is extremely highly regarded and heavily oversubscribed. It has a strong community ethos and enjoys extremely excellent examination results at both GCSE and A level, which are well above national averages.
We are looking for a teacher who is able to motivate and enthuse young people, raising their expectations and accelerating their progress. The successful candidate will join a highly committed and core department, which works collegiately to ensure that our students achieve the very best. They will work closely with our Curriculum Leader for RE to offer this high-quality provision and maintain the success of this extremely popular subject, which achieves amongst the strongest results at KS4.
- an enthusiastic and passionate teacher of R.E. who can teach across the key stages
- committed to high quality planning and creative teaching and learning
- understanding of the importance of ongoing assessment and feedback to facilitate continuous progress
- able to assess students in line with exam board guidelines to prepare students for public exams
- Prepare and deliver lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements
- Assess, record and evaluate student progress
- Prepare students for external examinations
- Provide opportunities to apply religious practices to other cultures, and enhance cultural capital for all students (BAME, EAL, SEN and PP)
We can offer you:
- an outstanding opportunity to be part of a new phase in the development of our R.E. Department
- a friendly, vibrant, orderly and caring school
- a strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- an enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
- a school of opportunity where staff are supported and developed
This organisation is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2022.
Applications from non-Catholics who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic
school are warmly invited