We are looking for a teacher who is able to motivate and enthuse young people, raising their expectations and accelerating their progress.
The successful candidate will join a collegiate department which has consistently achieved strong results over the years, securing high attainment and Progress 8 scores through a high level of commitment to ensuring that our students achieve the very best. They will work closely with our Curriculum Leader for Science to offer high quality provision and maintain the success of this extremely popular subject.
A TLR may be available for a candidate who has the experience and skills to take on a leadership role within the area of Physics.
We would welcome applications from candidates who:
- are enthusiastic and passionate teachers of Physics who can teach across the key stages
- are committed to high quality planning and creative teaching and learning
- understand the importance of ongoing assessment and feedback to facilitate continuous progress
We will offer you:
- An outstanding opportunity to be part of a new phase in the development of our Science Department
- A friendly, vibrant, caring school
- A strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- An enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
- A school of opportunity where staff are supported and developed FCHS is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment.
An application form for this post can be downloaded below and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at firstname.lastname@example.org address by Monday 24th May 2021 at 12pm.
Suitably qualified candidates will be invited for interview as they apply and we reserve the right to appoint in advance of the application deadline.
Applications from non-Catholic teachers who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic school are warmly invited.