We are a very successful and heavily oversubscribed comprehensive school with outcomes and progress well above the national average for similar schools.
We are seeking a well-qualified and talented individual who is able to join an enthusiastic group of teachers in achieving outstanding pupil outcomes.
- a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of English (who may be experienced or an ECT) to teach students of all ability across the key stages;
- a commitment to high quality teaching and learning;
- a collegiate approach and a commitment to working as a member of a team
- a commitment to the development of the whole person.
The ability to teach English Literature and/or English Language at A Level would be an advantage.
- an outstanding opportunity to be part of a very successful English and Media Department;
- a friendly, vibrant and caring school where English Language and Literature are popular subjects including at KS5;
- an enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where innovation is encouraged;
- a strong commitment to ongoing CPD and career development as well as a very supportive induction programme.
TLR available for suitably experienced colleagues taking on a responsibility within the department
FCHS is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at the above email address. The closing date is midday on Friday, 20th May and interviews will take place during the following week; although we reserve the right to interview suitably qualified and talented candidates in advance of the deadline.
Applications from non-Catholic teachers who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic school are warmly invited